Monday, May 9, 2011


This weekend has been a reflective one. I have been concentrating on my shop and what sort of products I want to stock. I have thought and read all weekend about how important branding is and you must have a point of difference if you want to survive.

When I first started a little shop I jumped in eyes wide shut. I  wanted another place to sell my artwork and a little something for me to do during the day while at home with the girls. Now. It's all changed. I have learnt so much since I opened last year. I didn't really put a lot of thought into anything, including the name of the shop - a little shop (love the name now) but it's so similar to Bec at The little shop of handmade who sells the most amazing handmade products. In hindsight I might of used another name. I have also learnt to prioritise, be more organised and blog which really keeps me motivated.

I feel things have changed now. I think differently. I love what I'm doing. I am inspired to create from a design perspective rather than being introspective. I now know if I want to succeed, a lot more thought and time needs to be put into my business. My point of difference is my art and design background. I need to utilise my skills more effectively and concentrate on branding as well as stocking other amazing products I love. So the shop is headed for a new direction and more focused on unique design...

Bracelets in store tomorrow...

No comments: