Thursday, May 26, 2011

DIY

Vintage dress ring...


I've always loved looking through peoples junk, we never had a lot of money and my mother used to say "one man's trash is another man's treasure" I really value this expression, she made me make the most of what I had and gave me a love and appreciation for all things vintage. Style and beauty doesn't have to be expensive however, nice if you can afford it. This is an easy and inexpensive way to make a unique vintage dress ring.

Start with vintage earrings from grandma's collection or get yours from the op shop like I did, such a steel for $2-3 a pair

saving this pair for another project

 Pull the earring stem off the base with pliers. 

Clean the base of the pendant and score ring base so glue adheres a little better - use a quality industrial glue or glue gun. Leave to set for 10 minutes or so and...


Voila! a vintage dress ring.

x



No comments: