Thursday, March 3, 2011


My great idea for Thursday, is not actually my idea but I think it's Great. Real Living featured some fantastic DIY's a couple of months ago and these bespoke vases are one of them, I haven't had time to attempt them yet, definitely on my to do list.



Bespoke Vases

you will need:
  • Bottles and Jars, (washed)
  • Bucket 
  • Oil-based or enamel paints
  • Newspaper; plastic dropsheet
  • Paintbrush or medium-nap roller
  • Sealer undercoat paint
  • Chalkboard paint; chalk
Step 1) Soak clean bottles and jars in bucket of water overnight to remove labels easily. Let dry.

Step 2) Pour a small amount of paint into each bottle/jar. Swirl, gradually rotating until inside is coated. They may require a second coat. Lay newspaper on floor in a well-ventilated room and cover with plastic dropsheet. Leave jars to dry, upside down on dropsheet. Peel jars off dropsheet. 

Step 3) Arrange bottles for a bright, striking vignette. Fill with flowers or paint a chalkboard wall and create an arty illusion with chalk (as shown above).

x

Instructions and image scanned by me from Real Living Magazine issue Jan/Feb 2011

No comments: