Sunday, March 27, 2011

I hope everyone had a great weekend, relaxed and took a break...even just a little one. My plans for upcycling were thrown out the window this weekend, I had family stay, we had a blast but I got very little done. I did manage to get down to the fabulous finders keepers market in Melbourne and have a look at all the handmade goodies for sale. I couldn't resist buying a few bits and pieces, in particular a gorgeous print from Emma Leonard she seems so sweet and I am really into illustrations at the moment.

Print by Emma Leonard

A few things I picked up from the market

On another note and another op shop, I came across the cutest vintage shelf and jar set, it's perfect for all the beads and knick knacks in my studio. Such a great find, it's around 90cm square.


Because I was supposed to do some upcycling this weekend but didn't get around to it, here are some pic's of a wrap I recycled from an old cardigan. I was inspired by reading this blog and then went on to become addicted to Junky Styling - it's my kind of sewing easy!

Granny cardi

Akira Isogawa's shrug for 2011 - Image from Marie Claire

This is so easy to do. I suggest you take a cardigan that doesn't have button holes (it makes life much easier), clasps are best. Then turn it upside down, cut off the sleeves and sew them back on upside down. You then have a one very cool wrap! For more check out the junky styling video.

I know I'm a bit early with the Easter cards but the early bird catches the worm (I'd like to think), so if your after a little something to give for Easter stop by the shop



x

No comments: